And a Happy New Year!

Merry Christmas from Belfast!Belfast Christmas market Belfast City Hall Christmas lights in Belfast Christmas tree

The Christmas markets are open all over Europe, so I had to take a train trip down to Belfast to experience it for myself. It was just as beautiful as I expected, with lots of stands selling homemade wares and of course it was all lit up for Christmas! I did lots of eating, as everything smelled too amazing not to try. My favorite was a baked apple from a German stand, with cinnamon and butter. I also had a hot cider, as it was pretty chilly, although nothing like the snow on the ground back home.

Even City Hall got into the spirit with tons of decorations in an already beautiful building. I loved the giant Christmas tree right in the main entrance. If I wasn’t in a festive mood before, I sure am now!

And most of all, I am so glad I got to share this experience with my brother. My Christmas present from my parents was sending my younger brother Jeremy out for a week-long visit. I loved showing him where I’ve been living these past couple of months, and sharing these memories with him. Best of all, I know I’ll be seeing him again very soon for Christmas Day.