Back in the USA

I’ve been home for a week now. In the last week, I’ve really appreciated the offers from friends to reconnect, the in-depth questions from those who are interested in the cultural part of my experience, and the knowing look of sympathy for others who have experienced “repatriation blues” (feeling weird about being home).

It’s hard to explain to the family and friends that I am so excited to see why sometimes I feel less than happy to be home. Costa Rica became a home away from home for me, and some of the people there I came to care for more than I thought possible in such a short time. I could never say that living in one of the places is better, because the two are not comparable. Things that I experienced abroad would be impossible to recreate at home, and vice versa.

More than anything, I am realizing that the memories I made while away are so important to remember fondly and grow from in my life back at home. Wish me luck as I try to make that happen. The following is a video/slideshow I made of my Costa Rica memories. Thank you to everyone who followed my blogging during this experience!

Pura Vida!

Tori :)

This entry was posted in Miscellaneous by Tori. Bookmark the permalink.
Tori

About Tori

I'm a senior at NWMSU, studying Spanish and English Education. My semester will be spent at Universidad Nacional in Heredia, Costa Rica. I'm studying abroad to improve my Spanish skills and to learn about another culture that I've only admired from afar, la vida tica! :)