Heredia por media calle :)

Here are some of the things I’ve been up to this week. I’ve been very lucky to meet some wonderful ticos and ticas who have helped me learn about my new city, Heredia. The title of this post is a saying that a new tica friend taught me. It refers to the fact that Heredianos are known for not quite following traffic laws, which is definitely something I’ve observed. :)

My first fútbol game. Vamos Heredia! It was a beautiful day for a game, and a win for Club Sport Herediano!

P1000437 (640x480)

P1000446 (640x477)

After the game, some friends and I explored Heredia’s central park (El Parque Central). It is always lit up at night!

P1000453 (480x640) (2)

We went on a mini field trip around the city for my Costa Rican culture class. We got to explore Heredia’s oldest church, La Iglesia de la Inmaculada Concepción.

P1000474 (640x480)

One of my favorite buildings in Heredia is the post office. It’s much more historical looking than most of the post offices that I’ve seen in the Midwest!

P1000483 (640x480)

We visited a few other cultural sights, my favorite being El Fortín. It is a tall tower in the center of Heredia. We had to climb a lot of twirly steps, but it offered awesome views at the top. We also got to meet the mayor (el alcalde)!

P1000503 (640x478)

P1000498 (640x480)

After a long week of learning about Heredia, we decided to reward ourselves with the biggest pizza we could find! It was as delicious as it looks!

P1000509 (640x480)

I hope you enjoyed your tour of Heredia! Now I just need visitors to come see me and experience all of it firsthand!

Pura vida!

Tori :)

This entry was posted in Miscellaneous by Tori. Bookmark the permalink.
Tori

About Tori

I'm a senior at NWMSU, studying Spanish and English Education. My semester will be spent at Universidad Nacional in Heredia, Costa Rica. I'm studying abroad to improve my Spanish skills and to learn about another culture that I've only admired from afar, la vida tica! :)