The Day Before Leaving

Hello All!

I leave tomorrow morning for the airport.  I have been busy packing, making sure my mom has all of my contact information, extra copies of everything, and knows what is going to happen.  I have packed all of my items in a back pack, small suit case to be carried on to the plane and a very large suitcase that will be checked luggage.  This seemed like quite the accomplishment to me because I had originally planned on taking two bags to be checked.  I still have room in the bag for souvenirs, but also have things that I will trash before I come home which will free up some space.  I have always felt that rolling all clothing into little bundles makes more room in the suitcase, I have no idea if this is true or not, but I was able to fit quite a bit in those few bags.

My feelings of excitement and nervousness have tripled, but I’m so ready to finally leave.  It’s crazy to think that I’ve been waiting for tomorrow for about 5 months and it’s finally here.  I’ve laid out my outfit that will be my travel clothes so that I have a tank top if I’m hot, and a Cardigan and coat if I’m freezing.  I’m also wearing my boots because I’m pretty sure there will be snow on the ground when I get to Brno.  My roller derby gear is all safely packed in my carry on.  It seems silly that I’m so protective of it, but this way I know it made it safely!

I will be in transit a total of about 20 hours.  I fly from KC to Ft. Worth, to London, to Vienna.  From Vienna I have to take a bus that will take me to Brno.  The bus is sort of an issue at this point because I don’t know if I should buy a ticket for the 3:30 or the 5:30 bus.  I get in to Vienna at 2:15 but I’m not sure how long baggage and customs will take.  I have to check the available seats from London to make sure they both have enough spaces that I don’t need to purchase a ticket beforehand.

For now,

This is Michelle B, Signing off.

This entry was posted in Miscellaneous by Michelle. Bookmark the permalink.
Michelle

About Michelle

I'm a Junior at Northwest Missouri State University and a Speech/Theatre Education major. I enjoy the outdoors and love exploring the world. I will be in the Czech Republic for about 4 months starting February.

One thought on “The Day Before Leaving