Hello and Happy New Year

Hello everyone!

Since this is a new year I decided I should start working on this blog a little early.  My name is Michelle Bartels and I am in the middle of my third year at Northwest Missouri State University.  I am a Speech/Theatre Education major.  I will be here for your blogging pleasure for the next 6 or 7 months.  Since I will be here fore a while, I’ll let you into my life a little bit.  I play roller derby for the Blacksnake Roller Girls in St. Joe.  I’ve been doing this since June of 2012.  I enjoy spending time outdoors and exploring nature.  I will be leaving for the Czech Republic on February 8th and will be there until the end of May.  I know many of you would ask “why the Czech Republic?” My answer to you is that this destination had my major in their school, were a country that seemed okay for a female in her 20’s to visit, and didn’t speak English.  I wanted to plop myself in an environment where I would have to figure things out on my own and either sink or swim.  Hopefully Masaryk University will give me the opportunity to grow as a person and learn more things about myself.

Michelle Bartels- Signing off.

This entry was posted in Miscellaneous by Michelle. Bookmark the permalink.
Michelle

About Michelle

I'm a Junior at Northwest Missouri State University and a Speech/Theatre Education major. I enjoy the outdoors and love exploring the world. I will be in the Czech Republic for about 4 months starting February.

2 thoughts on “Hello and Happy New Year