Winding Down

This week marks the winding down of things here in Maastricht, with friends returning home to families or traveling abroad throughout Europe to celebrate the holiday season in places anew or familiar. For me, I’m only a matter of days from returning to the United States.

Today (Tuesday) has marked the first major departure of several people, whom I now will forever call my friends, to their respective homes or place of vacationing. More will depart tomorrow, and more yet on Thursday. It is a bittersweet moment for all, but one that I knew was bound to happen. I myself will be one of the last to depart from Avant Garde, with my departure officially set for the 23rd.

Where things stand now: I have one more class of Semantic Web tomorrow, with a break of a few weeks then going into play. My plans to traveling to Brussels for a day have been pushed back a few days to¬†accommodate my farewells to my friends, so I’m planning on going to Brussels on Friday (or possibly Saturday). And my hotel has been booked for the 23rd in Amsterdam, where I will be spending my last full day in Europe! At this time, I plan on simply wondering across the city, with possible stops at the¬†Heineken Museum and the Anne Frank House.

Other major developments: fellow Bearcat and Zuyd Hogeschool student Darleen Denno will be coming back to Maastricht for the holidays, which will surely be awesome!

And that’s really about it for this post at this time. I’ve recently completed a music video celebrating the Avant Garde residents’ time in our hall, which has brought nothing but good memories for all! *Please note: I do not endorse in any of the stuff sung about in the song, nor have partaken in activities others would consider to be negative in nature.

I think my next post will be a thorough retrospective of my 4 months in Maastricht, so be looking for that soon!

This entry was posted in Miscellaneous by Matt M.. Bookmark the permalink.
Matt M.

About Matt M.

Northwest Missouri State University student, Interactive Digital Media: New Media major with a Broadcasting minor and Music minor, currently studying abroad at Zuyd Hogeschool in Maastricht, Netherlands.