Travels to Korea

I will first apologize for not maintaining my blogging but in my defense my first two weeks here in Ulsan have been crazy busy! However, I will make sure to keep up with my blogs from now on.

So I will start from the beginning. I arrived in Seoul (2nd largest city in the world) at about 4 pm on a Sunday. After the four hour delay and one more plane ride we arrived in Busan, Korea’s second largest city. Waiting for me was my “Korean Buddy” with a sign that said my name. Each international student is partnered up with a Korean student to help them accommodate to the Korean culture and settling into their dormitory. As I stepped out of the airport, I could literally feel my world changing. I was in a HUGE city with big neon signs mostly written in a foreign language that I could not comprehend, busses and taxis zooming by me and tons of people. Despite my overwhelming exhaustion, I loved every minute of it. I waited with my buddy at the bus station for about 30 minutes and got to know each other a little bit. There was a little bit of a language barrier but we still could communicate. I noticed though every time she made a mistake she became very flustered and almost even embarrassed, I soon found out that this is how most Koreans act when they are speaking English. They are very intimidated to speak English because they are too afraid to make a mistake

After the hour bus ride I had finally arrived in Ulsan, South Korea. The city I will be residing in for the next 4 months.

The streets of Ulsan