Katie Harris- ASB Blog Post 2

The second part of the trip was all about finally getting into the groove. Since it took me such a long time to understand how to put up sheet rock once we actually got to doing it on the other days it was a piece of cake. I felt more accomplished about what I was doing and I felt like I was really making a difference in the homeowners life. By the time the project was almost done the whole team on the job site was working in the same room to get this house done. It was interesting to see all of the different groups working, and all with different work styles. By the time we were finished on the worksite we had put sheet rock on almost the entire house. Looking back on how the house looked before we started working it almost didn’t look like a house, it was just bare bones. But after the walls were put up it actually looked like someone could live there. I wish that we were here to see how the homeowner liked the progress of the house. But I know that she would have been grateful either way. Looking back on this whole experience I am grateful for all of the skills that I have learned through service. Before ASB I would not have the confidence to do something like this and I would never think that I could accomplish it. I am happy that I have joined ASB and have provided relief to people in need and I can’t wait to do it for years to come.F64B04B3-7510-4F83-961F-AD904646AFF9