We ROCKED March 22, 2018

I can’t believe it is our second to last day. This trip has been so rewarding. I am so happy to be apart of such a great team and exec board. Our team this year has all become close. This trip has been very different from my first trip, last year to Louisiana. Which I loved but this trip we have gotten to do a lot of outdoor projects which I thoroughly enjoyed.

Today, we got to work on the beach rebuilding a jeti damaged from the hurricane. I love how many projects we have gotten to do with the beaches affected by hurricane Irma. We have gotten to go to the beach 3 out of the 5 days this week. It was my job to dig the rocks out of the sand to place on the handmade peninsula (jeti). Once I dig out the rocks, I fill the holes with sand.

Our team was working so hard that we finished the project earlier than expected. Today is our half day to explore and have fun.  So, after we were done with lunch we went to the public beach near our project site and also got dinner later on. I love the ocean sometimes I wish we lived closer to the ocean. It was fun to hang out with everyone and relax a little bit. For some of us it was the first time being in the ocean. I enjoyed getting to watch their reactions. The weather was not that warm that day but some of us got in anyway. Living far from the beach; we wanted to get in the water!

Jeti!

Workin on the jeti

On our way to the beach!