27 New Friends

When Spring Break is mentioned to college students, not many dream of spending it installing insulation and hanging drywall. However, that’s exactly how 28 of us chose to spend our spring break this year and we wouldn’t of had it any other way. Traveling for 16 hours in a bus to spend four days giving back to a community in need is one of the most life changing things I could of done. The most amazing part of the whole experience was the relationships that I built from it. Not only did I get to form relationships with the victims of the flood and who we were helping, but I got to form relationships with 27 other people that having amazing hearts. It truly takes an unique individual to give up a week of their break and work hard all day for people they do not even know. These 27 other individuals are now some of my biggest role models, cheerleaders, and friends. I never would of guessed that after just one week, I could of formed the bond I did with this group. Even though we are back now, I know that if I ever need anything that these 27 individuals would be there for me in a heartbeat. It is truly amazing and I am so blessed to have gone on this service trip and met such selfless, loving individuals. Alternative Spring Break will be with me the rest of my life. It has truly changed my perspective on life and my heart.