Day three

Today was an amazing day!
It was our second day working with Helping Hands and I learned so many new things from my experience working with this organization. We worked on a house that was directly affected by the flood and did some interior fixes. For example, my small team worked on installing insulation and drywall. It was really neat being able to do and learn how to do such hard work! I didn’t think it would be too bad, but as yesterday and today approached I came to realize how tired I was!

My site leader Paul was awesome! There was also another volunteer there named Dave and it was so nice to get to know him! Without this experience with Helping Hands and Alternative Spring Break in general, I would have never of met some of the people I have gotten to this week. That’s probably been the coolest part.

My favorite part of the day: My favorite part of the day was sitting around at lunch time! Everyone got to share their stories and past experiences and loved that! It’s been fun getting to know my team members better as well as the other volunteers!