D.C. Day 2- Seabury Resources for the Aging

On Tuesday, my team worked alongside a private organization known as Seabury Resources for the Aging. This organization’s mission is to provide personalized, affordable services and housing options to help older adults in the greater Washington, D.C. area live with independence and dignity to keep them beyond the step of experiencing homelessness. That day I took in the perspective how most young adults take for granted their ability to cook their own meals, use their own transportation, and maintain the maintenance of their housing they call home. I had the pleasure to spend the morning with my team at a client’s home to lend a friendly hand in maintaining the cleanness of an elderly woman’s house and up keep of the outside property. The elderly woman held great gratitude towards us as we finished everyday chores that she alone could not accomplish without extra mobile hands. I later realized that she is a true model of a strong woman who once worked among men welding during her younger years during the war.