Selina Talmadge Blog 3

As sad as I am that this trip with Alternative Spring Break has come to an end, I can’t help but smile. I may sound like a broken record, but this trip has changed my life and been one that I will certainly never ever forget. Wednesday we were able to ride Kat’s grandparents sailboat out on the lake. If sights and peacefulness like that don’t give you the chills, I don’t know what would. It was awesome to be able to be out there in the open in the middle of the lake with a great group of people. I have made so many relationships with people I would not normally see and come into contact with. We have all created a special bond with each other because of the things we were able to experience together. After the sailboat ride, we went to a seafood restaurant, and once again, got to meet some “interesting” people; some of which it is probably better we do not come into contact with again! Finally, the last day of our trip, we were once again able to see many cool things and spend some time together. We did work around the church, in which we were staying at, for a couple hours. It was a very rainy day so projects were all inside! I am happy that we were able to give back to the church that so generously blessed us with this amazing opportunity by donating space to the United Saints organization. We were given amazing meals, great hospitality, and a roof overs our heads during our stay. After working, we went to Oak Alley. There we toured around the area and learned many cool facts about slavery, etc. Ending our trip, we had a meal out together on St. Charles Street (a very popular street here). I couldn’t have imagined this trip to go any differently. It was everything I was expecting it to be and more!! I will always remember this trip and I cannot wait to see what the rest of my time with Alternative Spring Break brings to me!