Selina Talmadge Blog 2

Wow! What a great last couple of days. So many exciting and new experiences have occurred and I feel so blessed because of them. Tuesday we worked on the burned house. This part of the house project has almost come to a close. It is very rewarding, yet sad to see what came out of all our hard work. It is very unfortunate that the house was burned and lives were lost, but it is awesome to see so many people, mostly being volunteers, working so hard on making the situation better for the family. That night, we were given the opportunity to go on a ghost tour. On this tour, we were able to hear many ghost stories about some of the houses near/in the French Quarter of New Orleans. It is amazing for me to see so many cool houses and whatnot located here in New Orleans. After these past few days, you may call me crazy, but I definitely feel as though I have changed as a person. I have experienced many things that I would not normally get to experience. All of the homeless people, destructed areas, and amazing people I have met have changed my outlook on life and made me realize that there truly is a lot more to the world than what we encounter in Northwest Missouri.