The Credit Union offers a MasterCard® ATM/Debit Card with our checking accounts.
Print a debit card application! Simply read, sign, and return to the Credit Union.
What is Card Skimming? What Can You Do?
Card skimming is when a fraudster illegally copies your debit or credit card data from the magnetic strip on your debit or credit card when you use your card. A hidden camera is also setup to capture your PIN as you enter it.
Be aware of your surroundings when using an ATM. Report anything suspicious to the ATM owner.
ATM/Debit Card Information:
- The card can be used at a participating ATM machine to withdraw money from either a checking or savings account.
- If the card is used for a debit or credit transaction, the funds will be taken from the checking account.
- The card can be used for debit or credit transactions at any retailer that accepts MasterCard®.
- There is a $500 ATM daily withdrawal limit
- ATM Daily withdrawal limits are based on a 24-hour day, which runs from 2:00 pm to 2:00 pm. (2:00 pm Friday until 2:00 pm Monday is considered one day. If Monday is a holiday, that time frame changes to 2:00 pm Friday until 2:00 pm Tuesday.)
- There is also a $1000 daily debit/credit purchase limit.
- Daily purchase limits are based on a 24-hour day, which runs from 12:00 am to 11:59 pm. (12:00 am Friday until 11:59 pm Monday is considered one day. If Monday is a holiday, that time frame changes to 12:00 am Friday until 11:59 pm Tuesday.)
- Our MasterCard® ATM/debit card can be used internationally. Please contact the Credit Union before using international.
Debit Card Biller Update Service
Starting in October 2017, all MasterCard® debit cards will be opted in to an automatic billing updating service. This will provide updates to merchants to help process recurring customer payments, such as a subscription or utility payment.
This service will assist in reducing the number of declined transactions due to expired cards, lost/stolen cards, or other card-related changes not reported by the cardholder to impacted merchants.
Cardholders do have the option to opt out of this service by contacting the Credit Union before October 1, 2017. By opting out, the Credit Union will not provide updated debit card information to any automatic billing merchants.
Debit Card Fraud Text Alerts
On April 18th, 2017, the Credit Union MasterCard® debit card fraud protection program was upgraded to implement text messaging alerts. With this program the cardholder will receive a text message in the event of a potential fraud involving their debit card. To opt out of this service, contact the Credit Union.