IT Project Management

Hello everyone!

The semester is almost halfway through.. crazy! By now, we have all had time to figure out our favorite classes, teachers, and more.

This semester, I was given the opportunity to take a class related to my dream career: IT Project Management. I love that Northwest offers classes that relate to what I want to do in the future. This is an elective class for my minor, so I was able to select it from a group of related classes.

Since my freshman year of college, I have been interested in Project Management. After having a project management internship last summer, I have known that it is the right career choice for me. However, I also learned how hard it is to get into… especially after college. I wanted to take this class to gain experience in my dream field, so that I can be better qualified for Project Management once I graduate. IT Project Management is making me more confident in myself as a Project Manager and I know I am becoming more prepared for Project Management through it. I am learning industry terms, how to use Microsoft Project, how to develop schedules, and more. I am really learning a lot about what it takes to be a Project Manager.

In addition to this class, Knacktive is giving me good experience with being a Project Manager. I wrote about Knacktive a couple posts back. But, in case you forgot — Knacktive is  more of an internship than a class. This is some of the most real world experience the 32 members of Knacktive can get while in school. Through Knacktive we are building our hard skills and soft skills. By hard skills I mean we are learning job skills like how to use certain computer programs and by soft skills I mean we are learning how to work in a team environment, collaborate with one another, meeting etiquette, and more.

I love that Northwest offers a good education and also offers classes and activities that are similar to my dream career and future. I truly believe that everything I am doing now will benefit me when I graduate. Taking this class and being apart of Knacktive really makes me excited for my future. I cannot wait to see where my future takes me! :)

I believe that if you form relationships with your teachers and let them know where you want to go in life they will help you find the way. It is up to you to ask, though. Take the initiative, Bearcats. Northwest’s faculty truly cares about their students and where they go when they leave here.

Northwest is helping me make connections and get ahead in the work force. How many other people can say that about their college? Put yourself out there and get involved in organizations OR take the class your dying to take. It just may lead you where you want to go!

-D

Darcy

About Darcy

Hello! My name is Darcy Epstein and I am a junior majoring in Business Management and minoring in Database Management Systems. "The best thing to hold onto in life is each other" - Audrey Hepburn
This entry was posted in General. Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to IT Project Management

1. Fede says:

Hi Darcy good luck with your dream career. I think this is one of the best job in the next years! Like in Italy, if you tell to your teachers where you want to go in life, they are happy to help you.